THE ZOTZ HISTORY
150 years of wine making
In 1845, Karl Zotz founded a winery in the former Malteser castle, continuing the old wine tradition of the order. The ZOTZ winery was officially entered in the commercial register in 1865 by his son Julius. Today’s winery was built around 1900 right next to the Malteser‘s castle and the company has just celebrated its 150th anniversary. It is presently managed by the fourth and fifth generations, Martin and Michael Zotz and the most recent addition of Martin’s son Julian. The vineyards of the estate stretch over nearly 200 acres, making ZOTZ one of the largest family wineries in Germany.